TomTom, one of the names synonymous with Portable Navigation Devices (PND) is set to launch a new range of TomTom Go devices, beginning with the US and Canada. It promises to redesign the experience, and help users navigate with its new map and traffic centric interface.
The new TomTom Go series comes with TomTom Traffic, which pinpoints exactly where delays stand and end, helping drivers to avoid delays, and get to their destinations without delay. Drivers can also connect to the TomTom Traffic via Smartphone by simply downloading the free TomTom MyDrive mobile app.
“With this completely redesigned PND, we are empowering drivers with an essential daily driving tool that provides access to accurate, real-time traffic information to aid their every day commute,” says Jocelyn Vigreux, Managing Director of TomTom Inc. “Drivers in the U.S. lose an average of 8 working days per year due to traffic congestion. People typically know their commute route very well. What they don’t always know about is the extent of the traffic they’ll encounter and how to best avoid it. TomTom Traffic provides game-changing insight into that unknown variable, and adds valuable time back to drivers each time they commute.”
Features coming to the NEW TomTom Go Range:
- Lifetime TomTom Traffic, which covers 99.9% of all roads, and precision as close as 30 feet every two minutes.
- Interactive Map, which lets you pinch and zoom, and explore places on the map.
- 3D Map, which brings buildings and landmarks to life. D, so that drivers can see clearly and confirm exactly where they are.
- TomTom Traffic offers features such as Jam Ahead Warning, Road Closure Detection, Road Works Detection and so on.
- Lifetime map updates
- Speak and Go – to voice control your navigation
- Route Bar gives you essential drive information
- Quicker Search
More details, pricing and availability will be announced closer to the launch date late Q1 2014.