What is it?
STM have somehow managed to create the perfect sized bag for people who don’t want to carry too much bulk while travelling. This bag is designed to carry a small laptop (something thin, up to 15″), and/or a tablet, and other items. Minimal design is what it offers, and it offers this well.
What is the best use for this?
We asked ourselves the same question, as we were about to head to Germany for a business trip, the idea was to see just how good this is while travelling on a plane, running through queues and people, and how tiring it gets after carrying it for a whole day.
What can it fit?
Quite a lot actually! As you can see from the picture, a small (thin) tablet, an iPad (or a 10″ tablet), some keys, a small notebook, mobile, keys, cards, etc. Enough items to keep you going in your work and digital life, without adding too much bulk.
Look, feel and functionality
Minimal design and attention to detail is what sells this to us. Very light to carry, with an array of pockets and a couple of colours to choose from.
- There is a reflective strip on the front, and with it is the top pocket, which we found very handy to tuck in items like passports, mobiles, keys, etc. The pocket is fleece lined.
- Underneath are easy release buckles, which give access to a zipper pocket. This pocket holds mobiles, passports, etc, as well as has sections so you can store your pens, visiting cards, USB sticks, etc. Easy access and ease of use are key here.
- Behind it is another pocket which can be used to store notebooks, pads, etc. No lining there, but most notebooks don’t need one.
- The pocket behind is once again fleece lined, and it is where you can squeeze in your iPad or tablet.
- Next is the biggest pocket, with extra padding. This is where you’d store your laptop.
- Behind is another pocket which is easy access, and can be used to slide in documents or tablets. We found ourselves sliding our tablets in here while travelling, as it is very easy to take it out for security.
- Another strap on the back means you can stick it on to your wheelie suitcase.
So, what was it like on a plane and an airport?
It gave us everything we wanted and more. The top pocket is particularly useful as you can slide in your phone/passport etc. and zip it up so you know that it is safe. The back pocket gives easy access, so items like your Kindle or Tablet can be slid in and out for security. We also found that it fits quite easily underneath the seat on a plane, so you don’t have to faff about with overhead storage.
More information on these can be found at the following link:
While you can buy it from their online partners, you can also find it on Amazon via STM’s shop:
All in all, we were very impressed with this bag. At only 363 gm, it adds absolutely minimal weight to your items, and is a must have for anyone who commutes or wants something light to carry through his travels. With the small size, you can always slide this into a bigger bag, and take it out at the other end too.