We love a good crowd funded project here at OxGadgets, and lately, the makers of ‘hello’ wrote to us, telling us about their project. What is hello? It is something that hopes to rival Skype, but in the process, offer you a lot more. Everything from having your own custom numbers to integration with other service providers is on the menu. You can even let IFTTT take control of your account. Actually, I’ll let them explain it a lot better. Watch the video below to learn more about what they offer:
So, to summarise, they offer the following:
- To offer a Skype replacement, by giving you free peer to peer calls, but also allowing you voice/video calls as well as sending SMS messages.
- Promise of a secure encryption.
- Cross platform (both browser and platform)
- Free and open source.
- Allows third party integration
- Call filtering
- Disposable phone numbers
- Ethical policies
- A unified mailbox for all your calls, texts, messages, IM and voicemails.
- Business ready design, so you have all the features you expect such as menu systems, multiple voice mailboxes, prompts, redirections as well as call transfers.
So why do they need the money? Skype is FREE!
If, like me, you have wondered the same, read on. First of all, the money you give them is actually getting back to you as credit, or as a gesture of thanks. Like most other Kickstarter campaigns, the money is not being made to go into a bank account, rather it goes towards the product for you. Perks include getting the app quicker than others, your own handle, etc.
You can contribute, or find out more about the campaign by clicking the following link: