We live in a world of battery packs. With a constant fear of our phones running out of battery, we carry them around. However, it is not the first time batteries running out has caused us sorrow in the history of humanity. We have looked for batteries for many reasons in our history as humans:
- When our cars won’t start
- When our laptops die
- And very recently, when our phones die
Amazingly, 1byOne have addressed all of those in one single device, the Multi Function Jump Starter Battery Pack!
- Powerful jump starter to safely jump start a dead battery in seconds. Supports fast charging. Low self-discharge.Up to 1000 cycles. Be sure to pack this when you go camping, picnicking or go on any outdoor adventure.
- Ultra-portable ~ Portable, compact, lightweight design that will easily fit in your backpack, or glove box for convenience. Help car start by a simple clip and no need to disconnect the original car battery. Compact size but high power.
- Ultra-safe and error-proof ~ offers spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection, which allows it to safely connect to any battery.Multiple safety design ensures jump starter is mistake-proof.
- Find your way safely after dark ~ thanks to the built-in LED that functions as a flashlight and can send out SOS distress signals. It is the ideal choice for night shift workers, overtime workers and many others.
- Recharge your USB and other devices on the go ~ charges mobile phones, Sony PSP, MP3/MP4 players, PDAs, notebooks, car refrigerators and other compatible appliances
- Recharge laptops
In the box
The device comes with the battery pack itself, which isn’t much bigger than your usual battery packs. In the corner is a button with four LEDs giving you more information on battery levels.
Then you get a couple of charging options, either from your car, or using Mains In.
A special unit that attaches to the battery pack can be used for car charging.
A bunch of special output connections and lead to connect to a laptop
But interestingly, no USB cable (not that we are complaining)
Ease of use
A very easy to use device, and it comes with full instructions. They may not be detailed, but as compared to a lot of such devices, they give you the complete information. All the devices plug in to each as expected, and there were no nasty surprises.
Jump starting the car
The set of instructions on this is extremely clear. You have the ability to either jump start your car, or just use this to keep your car alive while you swap batteries. This is a very handy feature to have if your car comes with fancy locks, or just if you don’t want your radio settings to be forgotten. Jump starting is instant, and useful.
Sadly, the one adaptor that was missing was the square one for my Lenovo, but I tried it on Dell and Toshiba laptops (I have a few), and it worked.
Ah yes, the simple, humble phone charger. It works. It works well. Gives you 2.1A so you get fast charging!
More information on the Multi Function Jump Starter Battery pack can be found on the 1byOne.com website:
It is available from Amazon from £65, down from £99!
This rides with me in my car all the time. Need I say much more?Google+