Otterbox are a well known maker of cases, but what they try and give is a bit more protection and functionality than your usual run of the mill cases. We have taken a look and the Preserver, Commuter Wallet and Symmetry cases for the Samsung Galaxy S4.
The aptly named Preserver promises to ‘preserve’ your device against whatever the elements may throw at you. Falls and scratches are no problem at all. In fact, this one will even protect your device against water. The case gives you the following features:
- This case is made of two pieces that snap together for easy installation.
- Internal foam cushions device and holds it in place inside the case.
- An adjustable lanyard is included for convenient carrying and tethering
- Waterproof: fully submergible up to 6.6 ft. (2 m) for 30 minutes (IP-X8)
- Drop proof: protects device from drops up to 6.6 ft. (2 m)
- Dust proof: blocks entry of dust and debris particles (IP-6X)
So confident are Otterbox, that they actually encourage you to get as messy and wet as possible. A brave claim, and we tested it, and we were pleased to report that Otterbox were not lying. A safe test is to put a bit of tissue paper inside one of these cases, and submerge it in water for the specified time/depth. While we couldn’t submerge this at a depth of 2m, we did leave it in water for an hour, and the tissue came out dry. Similar was the experience under a running tap, and being dust proof and water proof means you can always wash this under a tap.
The installation is easy enough, and once on, the case feels solid. Enough protection around to give you a good bit of confidence. This is a lot less bulky than the similar cases on the market, and this does give it some specific advantage. You can easily slide this in your pocket, and while it is definitely thicker than your phone on its own, it does well to give you very little extra bulk.
The ports all have covers on them, with easy access to open and close them. Something very similar to what you see on the Sony Xperia Z series.
Taking off the case is equally easy, and yet difficult enough to give you the peace of mind that the water proof seal won’t just break.
More information on this can be found at the following link:
Otterbox Commuter Wallet
From the ultimate protection to the ultimate practicality. The Otterbox Commuter Wallet, as the name suggests, has been designed with the commuter in mind, letting you travel light and easy. The case has a sliding pocket at the back to hold your cards and a bill, and shows off the following features:
- Multi-layer case guards against damage to your GALAXY S4
- Slimline design hides contents, keeping them safe and secure
- Self-adhering screen protector guards against scratches and scrapes to the glass display
- Access drawer holds up to three cards and one bill
- Audible click closure gives you peace of mind knowing your items are securely enclosed
- Access wallet drawer contents without turning case over
The case delivers what it promises, and does it once again without adding much bulk. The fact that you can squeeze in three cards and a bill means that it provides you with the perfect accessory when you are travelling or are on a night out. The case itself is easily removable, so you can always shift to this when you need it, and go away from it when you don’t. Of course, the main reason though is to keep your S4 safe, and that this does quite well.
More information on this case can be found at the following link:
From the practical to the slimline protection. The Symmetry case has the following features:
- Slim GALAXY S4 case features a streamlined, pocket and purse friendly design
- A full spectrum of wraparound colors and graphics add seamless style to complete your entire look
- Dual-material construction makes Symmetry Series for GALAXY S4 one of the slimmest, most protective cases in its class
- Raised beveled edge helps keep the GALAXY S4 touch screen safe while still keeping it exposed
- One-piece GALAXY S4 case is simple to install enabling you to protect and stylize your phone in a flash
Probably what is the best part about this case is the fact that it goes on and off so easily. A simple push and it goes on, and a similar push to take it off. Once on, it encloses your phone perfectly, and from there, you get the protection you want. Your sides and corners are well protected, while the screen is recessed because of the raised edge. Like all other cases, all the ports are exposed, so nothing gets in the way of you and your phone.
More information on this can be found at the following link:Google+