We got a very interesting email with some stats about GTA 5’s audience.
The data has been published by Meteor Public Relations.
This is what it says:
The data, from Exponential Interactive, comes from the actual behaviour (i.e. NOT surveyed) of 2million+ Britons viewing GTA content online:
- The GTA audience are 33% more likely than the average internet user to have children; 2x more likely to be married
- They’re 5x more likely to be interested in arts/literature than bars/clubs
- Compared to the video game genre as a whole there is a distinct spike in GTA interest among 55-64 year olds
- Films and TV with high correlation among GTA fans are Finding Nemo and The Big Bang Theory
- The GTA player is also much more likely to be shopping for suits and briefcases
Please source any data used to Exponential Interactive. More data is available in this GTA infographic and there may be extra data coming soon…
Personally we found it very interesting. Do you think this audience is the same people who will actually buy and play the game, or is this people who are just a bit curious. Specially, do you really think the main game players are aged between 55-64 year olds?