During the E3 announcements yesterday, Xbox were the first ones to show their cards. While things may look different at the end of it all, the following information was shared by Xbox:
- Xbox One is the ultimate all-in-one entertainment system, introducing games, music, live TV, sports, apps, etc.
- Each will feature a 500GB HDD, Blu-ray player, built in Wi-Fi
- It will also include the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller
- New members will get a free 14 day trial of Xbox Live Gold
- This launch bundle will cost £429 in the UK
- This system can be reserved and reserving will ensure you get it on day 1. (http://www.xbox.com/reserve)
- Xbox Gold Members will receive two Xbox 360 games per month starting 1st July until 31st December 2013.
The new accessories announced were:
Xbox One Wireless Controller:
- Features more than 40 technical and design innovations
- Updated pads and sticks deliver greater precision and control.
- New vibrating impulse triggers offer precise fingertip feedback.
- Works with the new Kinect
Xbox One Play & Charge Kit:
- Includes a Lithium Ion Battery to allow recharging on the go, without having to replace batteries.
- Charges twice as fast as the Xbox 360 version
Xbox One Chat Headset:
- Wired to controller, designed for gaming sessions and voice chat.
- Lightweight and comfortable new design, featuring wideband digital audio and unidirectional microphone
Our take on it:
So far the world has a few concerns. The main one being the price. Then again, they bundle in the Kinect, and a controller. Prices apart, the Xbox packs in a mean bundle, and if all the ‘entertainment’ features deliver, this could indeed become the home entertainment system of the future. As of now, we can only wait and see how good that will be.Google+