NOVA True Wireless Earbuds: Specs and features
Some of the highlight features of the earbuds are:
- Truly Wireless connection via Bluetooth 4.1
- One button control
- Allows you to make and receive phone calls
- 3 hours usage out of a single charge, up to 60 hours playtime with the charging case
- Earbud speakers:
- Impedance: 16Ω
- Earphone Sensitivity: 94 dB/mW
- Frequency: 20Hz – 20KHz
- Sound system: Stereo
- Case battery capacity: 2800mAh
- Earbud charge time: 1 hour
- Case charge time: 3 hours (1A input)
- Earbud dimensions: 15 x 15 x 25mm, 4g each
- Case dimensions: 80 x 80 x 25mm, 101 gm
In the box
- NOVA True Wireless Earbuds
- NOVA Power Case
- USB to Micro USB Charging Cable
- Earplugs S / M / L (preinstalled) + 1 set Foam Earplugs (L)
Look and feel
The earbuds themselves, at 4g each, are quite tiny. They fit rather well in your ear, and stay there. This makes it great for when you are running and such like. They do feel a bit iffy when you press the button, but you kind of have to for the button to be pressed properly.
The case offers a magnetic fit. This means that as soon as you bring the earbuds close enough, they snap into place automatically. Quite a nice and neat touch!
The case can easily be rotated to show two parts.
The first part, as shown in the picture above, shows you where the earbuds sit.
Twist it another 180 degrees, and you see a micro USB and a standard USB port. This is the charging end of the case and can be used to charge any device that runs off USB. This makes this product quite unique. Not only is the small disc-like shape of the case more pocket-friendly, it adds just that little extra to make this highly useful.
The setup involves the following steps:
- Charge the case fully. This can take up to 3 hours but maybe less.
- Once the case is fully charged, 4 LEDs light up to show so.
- This means that the earbuds are also fully charged.
- Take the earbuds out and put them in your ears.
- Press on the left and right earbud’s button respectively to turn them on.
- You will hear them come on with a little jingle followed by a voice telling you ‘Earbuds connected’.
- Once connected, they are ready to pair with your phone.
- Simply go to your phone’s (or other device’s) Bluetooth settings and add them.
- Once done, this is it.
- They automatically unpair when you pop them back in the case.
- To pair again, simply pop them back in your ears and turn them on.
- Both earbuds need to be on for it to be connected to your phone.
Previous adventures with such devices have given us a bit of a headache when it came to connectivity. The NOVA True Wireless Earbuds connected each time with no issues at all. There was the occasional bit where one of the earbuds would skip a beat – sadly very noticeable. However, in the two weeks of testing, this happened around 3 or 4 times, not more.
Small earbuds, wired or wireless, come with a given that the sound may not be as indulgent.
The earbuds offer very little noise isolation. Depending on the environment you are in, this may or may not be a bad thing. If you cycle with these in, you probably want to keep an ear out. If you want to drown out the noise on a train or a plane, probably not the best ones.
In terms of sound quality, it is pretty decent. It doesn’t blow you away, but it doesn’t disappoint either.
For phone calls, the quality and sensitivity was adequate.
More information on the NOVA True Wireless Earbuds can be found on their website.
Our readers can get a special discount of a further 20% off by using the code “NOVA_by_TRNDlabs” and it can be redeemed via their website. It lasts till the 31st of October, so don’t wait up 🙂