This review comes off the back of a simple story. The story being that of my beard. The beard that comes and goes, disappears and grows. It can be neat or scruffy, prickly or fluffy. As you can clearly see, I am a lot of fun and my beard is simply the gateway drug. So when I presented the problem of keeping it in check to Gillette, they had a simple solution for me. The Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler. The one solution for all your shaving, trimming, styling and bearding needs.
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler
- Styler men’s razor trims evenly, shaves closely and edges precisely
- Waterproof trimming at the sink or in the shower
- Beard Trimmer: Braun engineered technology with an easy-grip handle for precise trimming
- Razor: shave with any Gillette Fusion5 men’s razor blade
- Edge with Precision Trimmer: designed for crisp, defined lines
- 3 combs (2mm, 4mm, 6mm) for customizing your style
- Waterproof, so can be used just like a regular razor/shaver
In the box
- 1 trimmer
- 1 ProGlide Blade
- 3 combs (for different hair lengths)
- 1 battery
Ease of use/setup
Essentially, the only real setup is changing heads from blades to trimmer/combs, and that is about it. All simple and straight forward. The combs clip in, and have a little release button that helps them pop out. Overall, you just pop the trimmer/blade off and replace with the other.
How beard can my beard be with this beard styler?
I am no styler, so don’t judge me on that front, but basically, this was one of the results I got. More importantly, it should be noted that this is the longest beard you can have if you use one of these. So, in beardy terms, not very beardy.
The trimmer itself helps neaten things and is pretty easy to use.
That works reasonably well, and as well as rest of the Fusion range.
I have about 10 beard trims with this over a few good months – I generally indulge every 2-3 weeks. This means that a trim itself can take around 5-10 minutes. I am just starting to notice that the battery is dying, so you can safely give it around 90 minutes to 2 hours of battery life on one new battery.
More information on the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler can be found on the Gillette website, though it is called just the Styler there.
It retails for around £12-£20, depending on where you get it, and can be found at various retailers such as Boots or Amazon.