If you’re an iPhone user, you’re in for a surprise. According to rumours, the massive 5.8-inch model iPhone 8 is possibly quite unlike any of the previous iPhones. It also may come with a whopping price tag. Apple intends to introduce two new iPhones besides the iPhone 8, iPhone 7S and 7S Plus. The launch date for all of them is set for September 12, 2017, according to the press invites. Excited yet? There’s more!
The next iPhone’s features
There is so much that all of us expect from the awaited phone. Scroll down for possible features in the latest iPhone:
- The Apple Pencil: There’s a chance that Apple might also add an Apple pencil with the phone (now that’s new!).
- Curved, edge-to-edge OLED display with True Tone technology and/or Ion-X glass.
- Virtual home button: The iPhone 8 may consist of a virtual home button that will display on a click and change its size. You may not find the home button on the next iPhone anymore. It may also have a behind-the-screen fingerprint sensor, changing the way we look at and use an iPhone right now.
- Facial recognition alternative to Touch ID: Rumours indicate that iPhone might come up with Face ID, an alternative to Touch ID. You may be able to unlock your phone just by the show of face – how convenient.
- “Wireless” charging (i.e. inductive charging-) and/or faster USB-C charging: The flagship, as well as the iPhone 7S and 7S Plus, are expected to support the faster “plugged-in” charges. Rumours suggest that USB C is unlikely at this stage, but one can hope for that one port that rules them all!
- A dual-lens camera that is quite likely to be vertically oriented.
- AR capabilities featuring rear-facing 3D laser for enhanced depth perception.
- Stainless steel and glass body.
- Multiple colours including a reflective, mirror-like finish. The usual colours may be available: black, silver and gold.
- Upgraded storage and memory, possibly starting at 64GB and 3GB of RAM.
- Intel or Qualcomm modem.
- It is going to be packed with the latest iOS version – iOS11.
- Enhanced water resistance or waterproofing: The next iPhone may have a higher water-resistance rating of IP68. This is against the current generation’s IP67. Hello, pool parties.
- Higher quality earpiece for louder, clearer audio: Higher quality audio, that is louder and clearer, is in the cards for the next iPhone.
- Apple’s next-generation processor (the A10X or A11).
- Possible price range starting from $999, which probably means it will be the same in GBP, £999.
We are eagerly waiting for the press release on September 12 to see all that Apple is going to reveal regarding the next iPhone. Are you as excited about it as we are?