So as it often happens, I was randomly invited one day to go to an event. I didn’t know much, but I had to be at a certain location at a certain time on a certain day. So I did turn up there and then.
As the day unfolded, more and more bloggers and journalists turned up. It was a good bunch of people, spread across various categories. Finally, so did our hosts. We discovered that it was HP, and they were talking about their new HP PageWide Printer technology. So what is PageWide Technology you ask?
It is a new way of printing that has been developed by HP. While more on the technology can be found on the HP website, an easy way to think of it is that it gives you the best of the two main printer technologies, inkjet and laser.
It gives you the following features:
- Print faster – one of the things that will be evident in the video below. The printer can chuck out up to 70 pages a minute!
- Super Quality Prints – using more precise and smaller ink droplets
- More reliable – tests have proven that these can give you up to 200,000 pages per printer. That is enough paper to cover a football stadium!
- Less cost – The prints cost up to 50% the price of a laser print per page.
- Better environmentally – The printers use less energy per each page to print.
- Smaller footprint – it can actually fit on a desk, unlike the usual industrial scale printers that give you the same specs.
Having spent over 6 years myself as an engineer in the printing industry, I can tell you that it is all rather interesting, and definitely a new way to print.
So, without further ado, here is me appearing in the HP video:
And in case you were wondering, here is a video of the whole group:
So, what do you think? Something for your office?Google+