Huawei have today announced the Mate S phone, which is their new flagship for 2015.
Highlights of the phone
Personalized Smart Design
* The phone’s thickness is 7.2mm, with side edges measuring only 2.65mm. The phone’s body features an ergonomic and cushioned back for a comfortable grip, as well as a skid resistance to help make the phone less likely to be dropped.
* The screen accounts for 73 percent of the front of the phone, and the edge of the LCD display is made into a transparent frame that extends 2.25mm to the edge, resulting in a narrow exterior frame.
* The phone has a unibody, CNC milled from a single block of pure metal.
* Other notable features include: a 5.5inch AMOLED FHD screen with a screen color saturation of 105 percent, and a contrast ratio 1800000:1 protected by 2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4
* The knuckle touch control 2.0 functions include: single knuckle tap screenshots, knuckle draw to crop screenshots knuckle draw letters to open apps, and double-knuckle tap to record a screen video.
* Fingerprint 2.0 improves fingerprint recognition speeds by 100 percent with more accurate self-learning functions. It also adds new, innovative ways to improve one hand usage. Control the notification bar, double-click to erase unread notifications, slide to preview pictures, and hold and take phone calls.
Professional Camera, Black-and-White Mode, Higher Quality Camera Profiles
* The phone includes a 13 mega pixel rear camera, Optical Image Stabilizer, RGBW, and independent ISP hardware.
* The professional camera mode allows manual adjustment of ISO, exposure compensation, exposure time, and white balance. It’s also provides different focus modes and comes equipped with picture composition functions and flash-assisted focusing.
* The real-time black and white filter mode provides filters: regular, hard and neutral densities. The mode also includes real-time intensity adjustments.
* The powerful selfie feature includes an 8 mega pixel front camera with a soft, front light and a new algorithm for skin polishing.
Smart Mobile Life Experience
* Smart wireless printing is compatible wireless printers compatible with the Mopria protocol. As of today over 875 printer types from 16 companies are supported.
* Advanced beam forming technology provides smart recording with interview meeting, and regular mode.
- Screen: 5.5″, AMOLED, ONCELL, FHD
- Front Camera: 8MP, FF, BSI, F2.4, LED soft light
- Rear Camera: 13MP, AF, BSI, F2.0, OIS, Dual color-temp LED flashes
- Size: 149.8*75.3*7.2
- Weight: 156g
- CPU: Hisilicon Kirin 935, Octa Core: Quad 2.2GHz + Quad 1.5GHz
- GPU: MALI 628 MP4 680M
- RAM/Memory: 3GB/32GB (standard version)
- Battery: 2700mAh (Typ.) 2620mAh (min.) Lithium Polymer
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, ALS, Proximate, HALL
- GPS: Compatible with GPS/ Beidou/ GLONASS/AGPS
- System: EMUI3.1, Android 5.1.1
- Audio Hardware 3Microphones FM reception, external earplug antenna
- Supporting NFC function
- Color: Mystic Champagne / Titanium Grey
What they said:
“Our goal in designing the Huawei Mate S was to develop a smartphone that offers a personalized experience, rather than a commoditized one,” said Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer BG. “The Huawei Mate S is based on insights we gathered about human interaction – most notably that touch is a natural action we take to understand our world. The Huawei Mate S redefines how we incorporate touch technology into our smartphones, breaking through the conventional way of touch screen control and ushering in new imagination for human-machine interaction.”
The Standard model (32GB) and the premium models (64GB) will be available for pre-order from September 15th, in UK and most of Europe, via VMall. The devices are priced at €649 and €699 respectively, while the £128 GB model, which will feature force touch, is yet to be announced.Google+