Parrot are a well known brand in the world of Bluetooth handsfree kits for cars. While we recently looked at the MINIKIT +, we look at the later version of the same, the Minikit Neo 2 HD device.
Look and feel
If you thought you couldn’t make a handsfree kit look sexy, you were wrong. Taking a page out of the curvy is sexy book, Parrot have filled this one up with smooth curves all over the place.
The front features the speaker, which has three buttons (two are green and red/one is a dial) on top, with a multidirection microphone embedded inside.
The side features a micro USB port for charging, and an LED to let you know when it has charged up.
The whole thing is shaped like a big clip, which slides over your visor.
- Make and receive calls safely in your car
- Multipoint technology for connecting to two phones at the same time
- Listen to your music or navigation commands through Bluetooth
- HD voice for superior audio quality
- Voice control
- Android and iOS free companion app
- Automatic phone contacts synchronisation
- Advance voice control dials and answers calls
- Up to 6 months standby time
- Simple to install and use
The setup is fairly basic on this one. Turn it on, search for it on your phone, and off you go. You may need to enter the pin (0000), but that’s easy.
On pairing, it will normally download your phone book and call register and let you access those during use.
After that, it will pair with your phone every time it turns on (and you are within range). It can store up to 10 devices, and pair with up to 2 at the same time.
This brings up the whole sound quality up a notch. Featuring HD voice, this means that not only are your calls as clear as your phone can deliver, but it also means that if you stream music or listen to sat nav, it comes out great. Of course the speaker on this won’t beat those of your car, but it is pretty decent considering the small package of this device.
Calls work great, and do so even when there is a lot of noise in the car due to speed or bad roads.
One thing that this device brings to the mix is the app. The app is available on Android and iOS for free. The app offers the following features:
- Activate/deactivate Siri Eyes Free & Magic Words
- Auto Reply SMS / rejected calls:
- For Android users: Program the ‘MINIKIT Neo 2’ app to send an automatic SMS reply to incoming calls or text messages while you are driving.
- For iOS users: Record a customised voice message that will be heard by the caller when you reject their call from your hands-free kit.
- Find my Car: Find your vehicle on your navigation App. As soon as your Bluetooth kit is disconnected, the App will automatically memorise its GPS position.
- Parking and Driving time reminders
- Voice Recognition and Pairing Help
While other apps exist that give these features, it is interesting to note that this does it all automatically for you, specially noting the GPS location of your car. A great touch, very clever if I may add!
Of course sending SMS replies or using Voice commands is great too.
More information as well as buying options can be found on the MobileFun website:
It normally retails for £69, though a sale means it is going for £60 currently.
Handsfree kits don’t come better than this. Full of features, with a great app and great sound quality.