You thought it was a gimmick. You thought they wanted to be different. You thought it was a media stunt. You didn’t think there would be another one. You were wrong. LG have come back this year with another curved phone, and it is predictably called the LG G Flex 2. Choosing CES2015 as the perfect ground to make the announcement, LG have brought forward an advanced design, faster performance and the convenience of curves.
It comes with a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with octa-core 64 bit capable CPUs. Also featuring is a 5.5″ Full HD display, and the LG UI we are already fans of. It also brings back the ‘self healing’ back cover from the original G Flex.
Why the curves? It is all to give you a more ergonomic experience, making it almost like the retro phones where the speaker as well as the microphones were where they belonged, by your ear and mouth respectively.
Another aspect which we loved in the LG G3, the amazing camera has been brought to the G Flex 2 as well.
“The original G Flex demonstrated LG’s pioneering spirit and with the G Flex2 we have refined the curved form factor, staying true to our philosophy of innovation for a better life,” said Juno Cho, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The G Flex2 not only has the stunning looks, it also has the powerful guts to be at the cutting edge of current smartphone technology. Simply put, it’s a true head-turner in every sense of the word.”
It will be coming to the UK this February.
Key Specifications (may vary depending on market):
· Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 processor with 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
· Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Curved P-OLED (1080 x 1920 pixels / 403 ppi)
· Memory: 16GB eMMC ROM / 2GB DDR4 RAM / microSD slot (up to 2TB)
· Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
· Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
· Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
· Size: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
· Weight: 152g
· Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps
· Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X) 4.1, NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS / Glonass, USB 2.0
· Other: Gesture Shot, Gesture View, Glance View etc.Google+