While HD has been about for quite some time, non-HD channels as well as DVDs are still the majority of media delivered to us. However, HD is about to be replaced by it’s bigger brother, Ultra High Definition, or 4k as it is often referred to. Panasonic have just become the world’s first company to announce a 4K Ultra HD TV with a 4K 50/60p input design based on HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2. While we’ll discuss what all that means below, the fact is that it offers an outstanding picture of 4 times the resolution of HD, and a wide range of other Smart Viera features.
Some of the features in a nutshell are:
- The WT600 offers a 65″ screen, making it perfectly suitable for home cinema use.
- 2000 Hz Back light scanning, provides high motion sharpness, even for the fastest action scenes.Our personal favourite is watching sport in high definition, and things should only get better with this.
- It supports a minimalist design, with a thin bezel, leaving all the attention on the image.
- 4K is tuned not just for television, but also for games, photos, and internet content.
- Having HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort1.2a makes it future proof.
- PC Gamers can use the DisplayPort to enjoy the latest games using this television.
- The browser is built in with HTML5. You can display maps, play videos, etc.
- View your photos in extreme detail using SD card, or Swipe and Share service.
- Brings the Panasonic TV Remote app, letting users control their TV and picture settings using their Android or iOS smartphone/tablet.
- Above all, it is designed for ease of use.
- Extreme connectivity brings Wifi, Bluetooth and USB connections.
- The design is also eco-friendly.
We leave you with this video: