Nothing gets more exciting than CES that occurs this time of the year every year. Over the last few years, CES has been used by various technology companies to excite us and tease us and reveal some of the most amazing gadgets and bits of electronics we love and are proud of.
This year, things will only get better. A quick search on the internet and through the list of potential exhibitions and stalls provides us with some of the following highlights to look out for:
- Ultra HD – the next higher resolution after HD
- Transparent TV – Samsung is tipped to be introducing a transparent TV, something that will gel into the background when off, yet present high quality TV when turned on.
- SMART TVs – They will be bringing apps, gestures and live streaming to your TV screen, connecting to WiFi.
- A bit more 3D – 3D is yet to make a difference in our lives. It is okay for a gimmick, but so far, it is yet to become a part of our lives. There is a chance that manufacturers will probably push for 3D once again, and see if they can lure us in.
- Smartphones and apps – Obviously, more phones, more apps, and even Ubuntu making an appearance as an OS! While we are expecting more Androids, there will definitely be a surge in Windows Phone 8 phones.
- Connected Cameras – With Samsung already jumping into the game, we expect to see a lot more coming from other manufacturers.
- Wearable glasses – Google glasses is probably the most exciting thing a lot of gadget-enthusiasts are waiting for. Many other companies are stepping into this game, and while they may have been late to announce it, they probably will be a lot closer to production than Google has been so far. We are yet to see what is on and will be on offer.
- Watches – Yes, they are finally making a comeback as gadgets. The watches that had calculators, databanks, and remotes on them are now going to be replaced with watches that support Android or other OS, hook to your phone over Bluetooth, and pack in GPS if you are a sports enthusiast. Battery life has been a big issue in the past for such high-tech watches, so we may see improvement on that front.
- Automated Cars – Yes, the future is here. Toyota and Lexus are expected to reveal cars that will pack in extra features, such as automatic lane changing and more safety features. We also had Google show off a self driving car in 2012.
- Shape changing laptops – We are already seeing ads for various products that are computer, laptop, tablet and such. We will see a lot more being released this year. The more they are, the more competition we will get, the better the prices we will get. With Windows 8 focussing on the touch side of things, we’ll see a lot of it.
- Home products such as cool self-running vacuum cleaners, baby monitors, and the like will show their face.
CES will be taking place in Las Vegas from the 8th – 11th of January.Google+