I present to you one of the most famous images of Steve Jobs. It always makes me wonder.
It is not the eyes and that very subtle smirk on his face. It is that hand. That hand in front of his face, which seems to be supporting his chin. I have stared at it, and wondered, and questioned it. It baffles me. I have no answer to it, but I present to you a few theories:
– He just had a zit on his chin and wanted to hide it.
– He was developing a bald patch on his chin, and wanted to hide it.
– His hand is making the motion ASIAN (desi) people make to indicate the word ‘money’.
– His hand forms a triangle, which signifies the pyramids and the all seeing eye on top of the pyramid, and hence only fuels all the conspiracy theories about his products having a single ‘i’ in front of them.
– His beard is not real, and it is a wig, and was falling off and he is trying to hold it in place.
– If you look closely, it is evident that this is not his own hand. It is somebody else’s hand. This is the only way he could allow his secret love-child to become a part of history.
– Following on the other hand theory, Steve Jobs was asleep and the hand was required to keep him up.
– He had just hurt his thumb using a hammer and had been sucking it. He only took it out for the picture.
– He was giving a thumbs up and the picture was taken a few precious moments before, but turned out so good they decided to keep it.
– He had ripped his shirt or dropped something on his shirt and was trying to hide the stain.
– He had a coffee and the seat was steaming up his glasses, so he held his hand over it to stop it from doing so.
– He was really mad at the photographer and was just forming a punch.
I leave you with these thoughts. Feel free to add some of your own.
PS. And yes, I know the Steve Jobs posts have been and gone, but here is my piece on it, which should hopefully be taken in the right spirit.Google+